Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Are You Clean or Dirty?

We recently (FINALLY!!!) got a new dishwasher.  It is absolutely wonderful! No more tea stains! Everything is sterilized again! I am a VERY happy camper!!! I only have one gripe. Since the dishwasher is super energy efficient…it doesn’t have an indicator of whether the dishes are clean or dirty…not a light to be seen!!! So, being the crafty diva that I am…I just had to make a clean/dirty indicator for the front!  I looked at a few different ones that I thought were pretty cute (click picture to got to site):

There’s crafty girl’s:

Futuregirl Craft Blog - Clean or Dirty Dishwasher Magnet

On Home Made Simple, Cascade offers some graphics you can print out and put on a magnet…super simple!:

 

I finally decided I liked the look of crafty goat’s polymer clay magnet. She has a great tutorial on her site if you want to make one in polymer clay:

I ended up doing mine in wool felt.

jpg

Not quite as crisp as my inspiration, but it makes me happy! It’s two sided with magnets sandwiched in between. It definitely let’s us know whether the dishes are clean or not…now if I can get the kid’s to remember to flip it when appropriate!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Oh very, very cute - what a great idea! Congrats on your new dishwasher, can you believe I've never had a new one? Dh can keep anything running, it seems....much to my chagrin sometimes. *G*

Cindy Is Crafty said...

It is awesome and sassy, too!

Patty said...

Your version is the best! Such a great idea to use felt. My dishwasher is stainless and magnets don't stick so I can't put anything on mine. :(