Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Mushroom, A Couple of Birds and A Hairy Finish!

I take bad pictures since I still haven't figured out how to use my digital camera to its best advantage, so, I played with my new images in my PaintShop Pro program (that I love!) and made them all look fancier!

First I have a darling little wool felt mushroom house that I finished a couple of weeks ago. I got the pattern from the little house by the sea. I love the way it turned out! If you like to work with felt you should really check out her wonderful pattern! I took a series of pictures of the embroidery I did on it. We start at the front door and work our way clockwise around the "house."


Next up I have the second completed applique block from the BOM offered over at Bunny Hill Designs. I think it turned out really cute! I fused the applique's on then did a blanked stitch in coordinating floss around them. But where is the first block you say? ('cause I know you totally noticed that I haven't posted the first one yet) Well, I haven't quite made that one yet. No one ever said I liked to do things in the proper order!!

(lace was just added in my photo editing program)

Last, but not least, are a couple more pictures of Baby Girls hair. The first one I did yesterday. Just kinda "made it up" on the fly (not that anyone ever makes up anything new!). I was doing her hair the way I usually do it, just pulling the front back in a band, when I decided to put it in a twisted pony. Why stop there I thought, so I kept gathering new sections and twisting them through until we had a complete pony tail/twisted braid thingy. (Just in case you didn't know, "thingy" is a technical term that I frequently use)


Today I went here and used a modified version of her heart ponytail. I like Baby Girl's hair down and softer around her face so that is what prompted me to do it this way. I think it turned out really cute! In case you can't tell, my Daughter is loving all the new do's! 'Course, what girl doesn't!!

5 comments:

Cindy Is Crafty said...

LOVE, love, love the mushroom. Awesome job!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

mushrooms so cute, love the lace on the block but really love her hair, all three of my girls had short hair, how fun for school!!

the mama monster said...

those mushrooms are darling. i really like the hairdo too. i am nervouse to have girls because i don't know how to do cute hairstyles like that!

Patty said...

That mushroom is in my to-do pile. I love yours. And your daughter's hair looks great! I keep seeing examples of the that BOM and everyone's is so different. I can't wait to see what you'll do with the snowman.

Patty said...

I just looked at your stitching on the mushroom close up. Wow! You did a fantastic job. And, all those French knots. Whoa nellie.